The building, of considerable size, has an ‘L’ shape. The very long facade is plastered and has a non-aligned profile. On the far right is the elegant entrance portal - just one example of the many types of doorway built in Scanno during 16th to the 18th centuries. Built from local stone, on either side of the jambs that frame the arch are two pilasters which are rotated outwards and decorated with plant motifs in relief. They extend beyond the arch with a curved movement, up towards the sill of a rectangular window, on the sides of which are two carved torches and finish with a pediment. In the space between the keystone and the sill are three cherubs in relief, the emblem of the Serafini family. Of note also is the stucco frame.
The rear of the building (which overlooks an area currently used as a parking lot, and which is lower than the square which is overlooked by the entrance) develops longitudinally on a fairly steep slope and is characterized by a strong verticality. In its lower part are the two high arches, which support a terrace defined by a stone balustrade, built in 1876. The façade is crowned by an important cornice in the 19th-century style.
Historical NotesOverlooking the characteristic Piazza Madonna del Lago, on the western edge of the village, in the district called "Codacchiola", the mansion which has a fine baroque entrance doorway, was once the residence of the Serafini family, from which it takes its name.
It was probably built between the 17th and 18th centuries and was remodelled externally at the rear of the building at the end of the 19th century. More recently, following the division of the property, the building was modified inside and then sold to several individuals. In the lobby, however you can still see the original paving made from river pebbles.