The building, located on a corner, is actually formed by two buildings, characterized by a marked difference in style that would confirm the hypothesis of different construction phases. The part which overlooks the piazza has elegant 18th century decorations while the other section, positioned along the slope, appears to be more modest.
The main body, which is the more artistically significant, is divided into three floors and has an asymmetric facade, completely plastered and crowned by a precious stucco frieze. The elaborately carved corbels in the form of angels’ heads, which alternate with panels with pairs of putti dancing in relief, are the unifying element of the entire building.
The impressive façade is dominated by the entrance portal which is rich in typically Baroque decorative elements. The arch is framed by pilasters and decorated on the key stone with the head of a winged angel at the base, within a trapezoid up to the edges of the frame. This element is repeated in the capitals of the pilasters, above which are cubes which support a curved broken tympanum. Two scrolls with plant motifs link up to the gable and a carved section concludes the structured composition, in which there is a coat of arms, traditionally considered the of the Di Salvo family, engraved with the date of construction of the portal of 1773. On a shield is carved a female figure bearing a cross in her left hand and in the other a chalice with the host. According to some, the representation alludes to the profession of the notary Theopista. Others suggest it represents ethical and religious values shared by several owners over time.
The windows placed above the portal, as well as the balconies on the right-hand side and on the side elevation, are softened at the top by variously decorated frames.